***MADISON COUNTY SHERIFF’S WEB SITE DISCLAIMER***
Acceptance of Terms. By visiting the Madison County Sheriff’s (hereinafter “Sheriff”) Web Site, viewing, accessing or otherwise using any of the services or information created, collected, compiled or submitted to the Sheriff, you agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions of Service. If you do not want to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Service, your only option is not to visit, view or otherwise use the Web Site. You understand, agree and acknowledge that these Terms and Conditions of Service constitute a legally binding agreement between you and the Sheriff and that your use of the Web Site shall indicate your conclusive acceptance of this agreement.
Proprietary Rights. You acknowledge and agree that the Web Site may contain proprietary and confidential information including trademarks, service marks and patents protected by intellectual property laws and international intellectual property treaties. The Sheriff authorizes you to view and make a single copy of portions of its content for offline, personal, non-commercial use. The content may not be sold, reproduced, or distributed without the Sheriff’s written permission. Any third-party trademarks, service marks and logos are the property of their respective owners. Any further rights not specifically granted herein are reserved.
Disclaimer of Liability. The Sheriff and his content contributors shall be not held liable for any improper or incorrect use of the information or services on the Web Site and assume no responsibility for anyone's use of the information or services. The Sheriff and his content contributors shall not be held liable for any direct or indirect damages caused in any way through the use of information or services on the Web Site. This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury which may be perceived by you, the web user, to be caused by the information or services on the Web Site, or by using the Web Site.
Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Sheriff, his web content contributors and related agencies, officials and employees from all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising from the use of the information or services on the Web Site; by your using the Web Site; or by its use through your Internet account.
Disclaimer of Warranties/Accuracy of Data.
• Although an effort is made to assure the accuracy and completeness of the information provided on the Web Site, the Sheriff makes no express or implied warranty as to the accuracy, adequacy, completeness, legality, reliability or usefulness of the Web Site's information. The Sheriff provides this information and all online services on an "as is" basis.
• Users are advised that information on the Web Site does not constitute an official record. Further, the Sheriff is not liable in any way for any inaccuracy of information published by him. Official Court files are maintained by the Madison County Circuit Court Clerk.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
• The Sheriff is a distributor of content that may be supplied by third parties and other users. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers, users, or others, are not those of the Sheriff, but are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s). The content does not necessarily reflect the views, policies or practices of the Sheriff or his agencies, officials or employees.
• Any reference on the Web Site to any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, is not an endorsement or recommendation.
Disclaimer for Hypertext Links.
• The Sheriff and his contributors are not responsible for the content of any off-site pages linked from the Web Site. As a user of the Web Site, you specifically acknowledge that the Sheriff and his contributors are not liable for any defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of other users, links, or third parties and that the risk of injury from all off-site content mentioned herein rests entirely with you, the Web Site user.
• Links from the Web Site to other sites do not constitute an endorsement from the Sheriff. These links are provided as a convenience for Web Site users and as an information service only. As a web user, it is your responsibility to determine the content and usefulness of information you find on sites.
Disclaimer of Duty to Continue Providing Data. Due to the rapidly changing nature of the World Wide Web and the Internet, online resources that are free and publicly available one day may require a fee or restrict user access the next. In addition, the location of information, services or web pages may change as menus, home pages, and files are updated or reorganized. You expressly agree that use of the Web Site is at your sole risk. Neither the Sheriff nor his content providers or related agencies, officials or employees guarantee that the service will be uninterrupted or error-free.