- Always stay alert and tuned into your surroundings
- Never walk or jog alone and vary your route from time to time
- Trust your instincts! If you feel uncomfortable in a situation, get out of it immediately into a safe environment.
- Never open the front door to a stranger.
- All doors leading to the outside of your home should be outfitted with dead-bolt locks
- When planning an extended absence:
*Connect a light timer
*Stop all deliveries
*Notify the Sheriff's Office
*Ask a neighbor to check your home periodically
ALWAYS lock your doors!
Be a concerned neighbor. If you see suspicious activity, report it to the Sheriff's Office (256)722-7181